A person got his hands burnt when the alcohol based hand sanitiser he was using caught fire. The person was using alcohol based hand sanitiser as recommended during the Corona pandemic. The person then went on to touch a surface before his hands were completely dry. Due to static electricity, the fumes from the hand sanitiser ignited with an almost invisible flame on both hands. The person quickly managed to get to a sink to extinguish the flames.

(PUSHEX sanitising wipes are the preferred alternative to alcohol based hand sanitisers. They contain the active ingredient of 0.1300% benzalkonium chloride—a TGA recognised sterilant and suspended in water.) 

ORIGINAL ARTICLE: https://www.imca-int.com/alert/1694/ignited-hand-sanitiser/